Frequently Asked Questions
COVID – 19 Rules for Production
Music, film, and television production
Music, film, and television production are allowed to open in Ventura County beginning June 12, 2020. The State of California has identified that this industry can reopen beginning June 12, subject to approval by county public health officers. The Ventura County Public Health Officer will allow this industry to begin operating in Ventura County provided the following criteria are met:
- Must have a designated COVID-19 Compliance Officer on site.
- Must follow the prevention protocols identified in the appropriate industry guidance:
- Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2020/06/iwlmsc-task-force-white-paper-6-1-20.pdf
- Association of Independent Commercial Producers (AICP): https://www.aicp.com/business-resources/business-affairs-information/aicp-guidlines/covid-19-workplace-guidelines/production-specific-considerations
- Must post the COVID-19 Hotline Flyer (COVID-19 Hotline Flyer).
- No live audiences are allowed.
- The County of Ventura requests that each permitting agency incorporate the language of these four requirements into their permitting process.
- Local officials may follow-up with a site inspection.
- A written COVID-19 prevention plan is not required as the COVID-19 Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring the protocols are followed and for meeting with the site inspector as needed.
- These businesses are not required to register at VCReopens. Instead, the permitting process will satisfy the attestation requirement.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to email administration at: [email protected]
Review the PDF “Your Property In A Starring Role” This document lays our the idea of a location and the value of the resource to production.
You may also call the Film Liaison Office at (805) 409-9947. If you get voice mail, please leave a name and number to that the Liaison can get back to you.